- We’ve all heard that acne can be caused by what we eat, stress levels and our periods. But did you know that your cell phone could also be the reason you breakout? Yep, you heard it right. It turns out, our phones are covered with bacteria that we can’t see (yuck!). When you place a call or answer the phone, your face starts to trap oil within your pores and perspire while it’s touching your cellphone. It also causes oil glands to become aggravated, creating acne when you press your phone to your face—it’s no surprise that cellphones are to blame for all those unwanted zit probs.
Despite all the acne-related trauma cellphones may cause us, there’s no way we’ll be tossing our beloved iPhones in the trash anytime soon. Solution? Instead of picking up your device to answer a call, try using a set of headphones or use the speaker option when you’re calling your BFF. And, most importantly, don’t forget to wipe your phone down to remove any dirt or invisible bacteria. Even if you’re not touching it to your face, you’re still touching it with your fingers, so keep your phone (and your hands) clean.
You Love: Mayo
Instead Try: Avocados
It’s hard to resist the creamy richness of mayonnaise…until you realize that you can get the same effect (and even better taste) with fresh avocados! You’ll save tons of sodium, cholesterol, saturated fat, and calories while adding fiber and potassium to your snack or sammie. For even more flavor, mash up the superfood with some lime, cilantro, and tomatoes for a great-for-you guac.
You Love: Maple syrup
Instead Try: Peanut butter
Just two ounces of pancake syrup contains 36 grams of sugar- that’s like eating two full candy bars! Boost your breakfast by topping your faves with peanut butter. It’s not exactly a health food, but PB is a sweet treat that gives ya a nice dose of healthy fats and vitamins. Opt for the crunchy kind to really indulge!
You Love: Ketchup
Instead Try: Fresh tomatoes, salsa or hot sauce
What’s the catch with Ketchup? Surprisingly, sugar! Even worse, America’s favorite sauce barely has any nutritious vitamins and minerals that your body needs. But fresh tomatoes, salsa, or even hot sauce can all take ketchup’s place. Your bod will thank you (and so will your taste buds).
You Love: Jam
Instead Try: Fresh fruit
Toast, waffles, sammies…so many foods go perfectly with fruity sweetness. But jams and jellys are among the sauces slipping you unnecessary sugars. Try fresh fruit instead. Or try heating up your fave fruits with a pinch of sugar for your own, healthier version of the sweet sauce.
You Love: Creamy salad dressings
Instead Try: Oil & vinegar
Whether you’re dressing your burger or dipping fresh veggies, creamy salad dressings are go-to food toppers. But just because they’ve got “salad” in the name, doesn’t mean they’re healthy! In fact, most dressings are super high in fat, calories, and even sugar. Just one serving of Ranch has about a quarter of your recommended daily fat intake- and that’s a lot for a little bit of sauce. So skip the thick and go for a lighter, just as delish alternative. Mix up some oil, vinegar and your fave spices—yum!
Which topping swap are you going to try?
Friends come in many directions. 7th grade friends, high school friends, work friends but are they your true friends?
You know when you have a true friend when:
- You have a matter of trust with them! If you have told your friend something in confidence and never heard it from anyone else, that’s a great sign of a true and trusted friendship. Friends confide in one another, and we can tell our innermost secrets, faults, and sins without fear of them telling others. If you feel like you can tell them anything and have not one bit of concern they’ll tell anyone else, you have a true friend, and they are such a blessing
- They stick with you through thick and thin! If you’ve been through some real adversity and it seems everyone else blames you for your troubles but not your friend, that’s a true friend indeed. A friend in need is a friend indeed, and if your friend comes to you while they’re in a hard place and you do the same for them, you have a real friend there. Even when all others forsake you, your true friend never will. Hold onto that friendship with all your might.
- They don’t judge you. The truest of friends will tell you the truth, but they won’t judge you for your faults. If they’re honest, they must admit that they, too, have faults, so they won’t be too quick to judge you because they know you well enough to understand that it could happen to them, too. A real friend will give you the benefit of the doubt.
- They listen without interruption. A real friend will let their friend finish their sentence without interrupting. They’ll just sit and listen and wait for them to finish what they are saying. A true friend doesn’t interrupt, and they let the person say all that they need to before they say something themselves. No one wants a conversation hog where all the talk is like a one-way street.
If you have a friend like that… He or she is a keeper!Friends are those you can trust with your deepest secrets. They stay with you in the good and the bad times. They don’t judge you unfairly. Even when it looks like you’re in the wrong, they give you the benefit of the doubt, and they are good listeners. Are you such a friend?
- start sipping water in the a.m. As soon as you wake up drink a glass of water. dehydration can zap energy making your skin look tired and cause you to overeat!
- Work in many workouts. Best way to beat the blahhh? Sit on the floor, bend your knees and wrap your arms around them lean back, let’s go and roll. Usually have to pull yourself up. Repeat 8 to 10 times
- Beat bugs with tea. Brew a cup of immunity boosting Tea. boil the water and pour into a mug. Plopping in the tea bag and steep for the next five minutes. PS skip the milk which can mix the benefits of the brew
- Avoid sweatpants syndrome. Wearing comfy clothes is in the best if you’re trying to get it. So switch your sweatpants for skinny jeans in your look and feel fab
- I do a days worth of sitting. Long days in class and work, send you into a slump. literally step into a door wall and place your hands on the frame. Stick your chest out and hold it for 15 seconds letting your back straighten. Instantly taller
- Night blooming. Black lights, duckpins an awesome jams? Total score!
- Fun concert. Nothing better than rocking out to band you both love!
- A friendly competition. Challenge him to a showdown, whether it’s scrabble, shooting hoops or go kart race.
- Something sporty. Glide along and ice skates or go handover hand on a rock wall (active dates are a blast)
- Horror movie marathon. Even if you’re terrified, it’s a fabulous excuse to snuggle!
Okay. So I know this blog is based on beauty and beauty products but stress relief is almost beauty. Too much stress on your body can cause acne and weight loss! Who even wants UNHEALTHY weight loss and acne? Don’t be thinking that if you want to lose weight, you should be stressed out! NO. If you want to lose weight healthily, please diet and excerise.
Stress can be cause by a multiple of things: school work, a test, a big job interview, a competition, ect. I know stress gets to you (it gets to me too) but don’t always let yourself be stressed out!
Try to go for a run! Yes.. I said the r word. RUN! Running helps to clear your mind and when you run you will feel more free! It helps to clear your mind because you focus on your breathing and music ( if you listen to it)
If you know know how to properly run check out this website.. http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/fitness_articles.asp?id=823
Running helps you stay in shape. It burns fat and builds muscle which everyone want! It’s an easy activity to do. I understand that some people hate running but just try it out and comment down below if you tried running for stress relief?
- All you need to buy to run are a good pair of running shoes, which you can buy from Dicks or Dunhams which come if a variety of sizes, colors, and brands!