Winter on the doorstep doesn’t have to mean imminent doom for your beauty routine. I’ve got some hacks to get you through the cold, long winter and keep your beautimous self looking better than ever.
USE COCONUT OIL AS SHAVING CREAM
During winter months, skin gets dry and flaky–especially with those hot showers we’re taking. I love me some hot shower goodness so I’ll be the last person to tell you to lighten up on the heat. To compensate, opt out for coconut oil instead of shaving cream for an added surge of moisture to your skin. Coconut oil, unlike many moisturizers and hydrating beauty products, doesn’t just lay on the skin but actually deeply penetrates it. Your dry winter skin will thank you!
PUT A DRYER SHEET OVER YOUR HAIR BRUSH TO GET RID OF STATIC ELECTRICITY
A dryer sheet will put a stop to hair that looks like its just been through an electric socket. Say goodbye to frizz and bad hair days.
SPRAY TIGHTS WITH HAIR SPRAY TO AVOID RIPS-
Whenever you do the pants dance into a pair of tights, lightly spray them before you run out the door. The hair spray will hold the shape of the tights just like it holds the shape of your hair. You’ll never have to go through a zillion tights searching for the ones that aren’t ripped again. My favorite hair spray for both is L’Oreal Elnett.
MIX LOTION IN YOUR MINERAL MAKEUP TO AVOID PATCHY SKIN-
Mineral makeup can look beautiful on skin but in winter months, that powder will cling to even the smallest dry patch and accentuate it. Simply dab some lotion on the back of your hand and tap some of the powder on top. Mix together with your fingers (this will warm the product up to melt into the skin better) and apply as usual.
Never meditated before until about three months ago when I got really stressed. Meditation does help calm you down so I recommend everybody tries it!
Acne? Not anymore! Here are some tips to stay clear skinned this summer!
- Skip long warm shower. Warm showers strip the skip of its moisture and its protective! Stop with shorther cooler shower!
- Sleep more! (Easy right?) don’t let stress get to you! Stress WILL cause acne
- Sleep on clean sheets! Don’t sleep on built up dirt and oil. Change your sheets regularily
- Exfoliate your skin and get rid of dead skin cells!
- Take Vitamin B C and
- Apply toothpaste to your zips!
- Make sure ance products has with silica acid or benzoyl peroxide
- Wash your face EVERY NIGHT
- Wash your makeup off before you go to bed
- Drink plenty of water to keep your skin hydrated
It all else fails go to a dermatologist (like me) and they will provide you with stronger medication! Acne happens to mostly everyone so don’t be ashamed or embarrassed about your acne!
Banana Split Frappuccino.
- Start with a strawberries and creme Frappuccino
- Add Vanilla Bean powder
- Add Java Chips
- Add a whole Banana (note the extra cost)
- Top with whipped cream and mocha drizzle
- Top with caramel drizzle if desired
Pink Bubble Gum Frappuccino
- Strawberries and Creme Frappuccino
- No classic syrup (unless you like it sweet)
- Add Raspberry syrup (1 pump for a tall, 2 pumps for a grande, 3 pumps for a venti)
The a pink Starbust Frappuccino
- Lemonade to the bottom line
- Add creme base (2 pumps tall, 3 pumps grande, 4 pumps venti)
- Add Raspberry Syrup (1/2 pump tall, 1 pump grande, 1.5 pumps venti)
- Add Vanilla Syrup (3 pumps tall, 3.5 pumps grande, 4 pumps venti)
- Add ice and blend with whipped cream
- Top with additional whip and enjoy
Honey Green Tea Frappuccino
- Green Tea Frappuccino
- No classic syrup
- Honey packets (2 for tall, 3 grande, 4 venti)
- Double blended to ensure proper mixing of honey
- Top with whipped cream and honey drizzle if desired
- Vanilla bean Frappuccino
- Add java chips
- Carmel drizzle on the inside of the cup
- Optional: For an extra chocolatey taste, top with mocha drizzle
Kit Kat Frappuccino
- Vanilla Bean Frappuccino
- Mocha Drizzle on the inside of the cup
- Java chips blended in
- Top with whipped cream, mocha sauce and cookie crumbles
Lush is a handmade cosmetics product line. I have loved these products since I was 10.
Check out LUSHs website HERE!
Some of my personal favorites are the twilight, blackberry, and butterball bath bombs. Bath bombs are just like bubble bath! You just put the bath bomb under water and let the. Agh bomb work its magic! Bath bombs come in different shapes, sizes, and flavored! Bath bombs are only $5.99
I also love the bubble bars. The bubble bars are very smooth and make me feel so good! They are good at creating a ton of bubbles! The bubbles stay in your tub your entire bath making your bath the most relaxing bath ever! Bubble bars are only $5-6
- Shaving your legs as soon as you get into the shower. hanging out in the shower or bath for about 15 minutes before you start shaving — this will soften the hair and open up follicles.
- Shaving in the morning!Shaving at night will leave your legs smoother. As you sleep, your legs swell slightly, which can make hair retreat back into its follicles.
- Not using anything to lather up! You will nick yourself!
- Using those single-blade disposable razors! They are more likely to drag across the skin! Invest in a four or five blade razor!
- Not replacing your razor blades enough!Old blades are not only ineffective, but more likely to cause bumps and redness and trap bacteria, which can potentially cause infections
- Shaving up the leg before you shave down the leg! On your first pass, only shave in the direction your hair grows (down the leg), and if you have very sensitive skin, don’t shave upward at all. While going “against the grain” may get you a closer shave, it also increases the possibility of irritation, nicks, and cuts.
- Not preventing or treating razor blades.To help prevent those annoying red bumps in the first place, use an exfoliating body scrub twice a week to shed the skin that’s trapping hairs. To treat bumps, put a warm compress on the affected area — the heat will relax the hair. After showering, apply lotion to soften the hair, leaving your skin less prone to infections.
- Shaving with guys razors! They are not as effective for shaving legs!
For more shaving information check out Gillette Venus! Click here