Winter on the doorstep doesn’t have to mean imminent doom for your beauty routine. I’ve got some hacks to get you through the cold, long winter and keep your beautimous self looking better than ever.
USE COCONUT OIL AS SHAVING CREAM
During winter months, skin gets dry and flaky–especially with those hot showers we’re taking. I love me some hot shower goodness so I’ll be the last person to tell you to lighten up on the heat. To compensate, opt out for coconut oil instead of shaving cream for an added surge of moisture to your skin. Coconut oil, unlike many moisturizers and hydrating beauty products, doesn’t just lay on the skin but actually deeply penetrates it. Your dry winter skin will thank you!
PUT A DRYER SHEET OVER YOUR HAIR BRUSH TO GET RID OF STATIC ELECTRICITY
A dryer sheet will put a stop to hair that looks like its just been through an electric socket. Say goodbye to frizz and bad hair days.
SPRAY TIGHTS WITH HAIR SPRAY TO AVOID RIPS-
Whenever you do the pants dance into a pair of tights, lightly spray them before you run out the door. The hair spray will hold the shape of the tights just like it holds the shape of your hair. You’ll never have to go through a zillion tights searching for the ones that aren’t ripped again. My favorite hair spray for both is L’Oreal Elnett.
MIX LOTION IN YOUR MINERAL MAKEUP TO AVOID PATCHY SKIN-
Mineral makeup can look beautiful on skin but in winter months, that powder will cling to even the smallest dry patch and accentuate it. Simply dab some lotion on the back of your hand and tap some of the powder on top. Mix together with your fingers (this will warm the product up to melt into the skin better) and apply as usual.
This award is for new bloggers who don’t have tons of hundreds of followers. It’s great for learning about and discovering new blogs!
- Thank the nominator.
- Display the award.
- Nominate 10 more bloggers with 10 new questions.
- Answer the questions
- Notify the Nominees
Since I have been nominated twice I will be answering 20 questions…. Let’s get started!
- how did you start blogging? My best friend had a blog and she inspired me to start one!
- if you could do anything, and no one would stop you, what would you do and why? I would travel around the world!
- who is your biggest inspiration? My parents by far!
- what is your favorite subject? Math and science
- what inspires you to get going in the morning? Probably that if I don’t get up I’ll be late to school
- what is your favorite quote, and why a negative mind will never give you a positive mind. I like this quote bc it’s true!
- who is your favorite author, and why? Kami Garcia.. She wrote the beautiful creatures series.
- Apple or PC computers? Apple
- what’s your favorite color? Blue/ pink
- what is your favorite clothing brand? Pink
- english, or math? Math
- What’s your favorite color? Blue
- If you could host a show on TV now what would it be? Dancing With The Stars
- If you could pick an age to stop ageing at what would it be? Ummm possibly 25
- Who encourages your blogging the most? My followers
- Whats one movie you watch over and over again? White chicks
- Who would play you in your life movie? MYSELF😂
- What would you do if you couldn’t fail? Everything
- If you didn’t have to work, would you? yes I still would
- What makes you laugh the most? My friends
- Cake or Ice cream? Ice cream
Sorry guys if I was being vague. I just got my wisdom teeth out yesterday so I didn’t feel like typing a lot! Here are my 10 questions.
- Where do you live?
- Favorite tv show?
- Phone or computer?
- What made you start blogging?
- Favorite princess?
- When you were 3 years old what did you want to be when you grew up?
- Favorite makeup brand?
- Do you have any pets? If so what type?
- Have you even gotten your wisdom teeth extracted?
Okay my mouth hurts so I nominate anybody who reads this!
We all have a love/hate relationship with excersising and we can turn that hate to live with these Hacks from buzzfeed!! Who doesn’t love bzzfeed! Check them out now!
I am so excited and honored to be nominated for THREE awards today!!I started blogging at the end of June so to be nominated for three at the same time means a lot to me! I never thought that my blog would get so big!
Okay let’s get to it…..
Award #1 The Premio Dardos Award
The rules are:
- Thank the giver and link their blog to your post.
- Pass the award on to other bloggers of your choice and let them know that they have been nominated.
Like Lindaydetwilir, I am going to nominate for all three awards at one time at the end of the post!
Award #2 Versatile Blogger Award
The rules are:
- Acknowledge the person who nominated you by thanking them and posting a link to their blog.
- Share 10 interesting things about yourself.
- Nominate 10 more bloggers
Here are my ten fact:
- My middle name is Rosemarie
- My fav color is blue
- My fav animal is a penguin
- I’ve had 3 surgeries in my lifetime
- I love cheerleading
- I just got a new dog
- I have a screw in my left elbow
- I have small feet
- I’m an only child
- I want to go back to Poland!!!
Award #3 The Beauty Blogger AwardRules:
- State the name of the blogger that nominated you.
- Answer the questions you were given.
- Nominate 10 people whose blog is about beauty or fashion.
- Make 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
- Let the bloggers know that you nominated them.
Here are the question linday asked me…..
- How long does it take to do your makeup on a regular day? About 10 minutes
- Smokey eye or natural for a special event? Defiantly smokey eye
- What brand of makeup brushes do you prefer? I don’t prefer any brand… I buy whatever brand
- Do you ever go makeup free? Yes I do
- What is one makeup product you wish companies would improve and why (nail polish, lipstick, blush, etc.)? Lipstick so it stays on until you wash it off
- How old were you when you started wearing makeup? I was about 13 years old
- What is your best tip for the perfect eyeshadow blending? Practice.. Practice… Practice
- What brand of foundation is the best? I use Orgins foundation and it works well for me
- Who is your makeup idol? Demi Lovato
- What’s your favorite mascara brand? Clinque
Here are my ten questions for the nominees…
- Favorite makeup product?
- What can’t you live without
- Favorite color
- Natural colored lips or big and bold lips??
- Have you tried strobing?
- How do you reduce bags under your eyes?
- What piercings do you have/want?
- What’s your perfect makeup look like?
- Mascara or eyeliner? (Pick one)
- Do you paint your nails?
I nominate the following people…
- Natalie Davis
I was nominated for the Dragons Loyalty Award by Lovemadigirl! This award is for being loyal to ones blog. I would like to thank all of my followers and viewers for checking out and following my blog! It means a lot to me!
- thank the nominators
- include the award logo
- state seven facts about yourself
- nominate a few other bloggers
Here we go. 7 facts about myself start now…….
- I am an only child
- I recently got a new dog named Jack. He’s a Jack Russell/ Wire Terrior mix!
- When I was 10 I had surgery on my elbow
- I have no grandparents
- I am a competive cheerleader
- I used to be a gymnast
- My favorite country to visit is Poland!
- Natalie Davis
omg guys! Warsaw is so pretty! It reminds me of Hollywood or Chicago because it’s so crowded and full of activity! We spent two night in Warsaw and now we’re on our way to a small town (idk it’s name😁) but it’s a few hours away so we’re riding in a bus!
In Warsaw we saw the old town which the Germans bombed during WWII. The old town has been rebuilt and it looks so cool! It’s almost like Holland, Michigan! Its painted old colors and it has a homely feel to it!
Warsaw and Poland alone has so much history to it! From who the king or queen was to who bombed the towns it’s all important in this country! This is now Day 3 of our tour and I don’t wanna leave! I love Poland now but I gotta work on my Polish!